The Collaborative cApacity Programme on Intelligent Transport Systems Training-educAtion and Liaison (CAPITAL) is a support action funded by the European Union in order to design and deliver a collaborative capacity-building programme.
The main objective of the CAPITAL project is to create a collaborative capacity building community and deployment programme to support public and private stakeholders implementing cooperative and Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS & C-ITS) with training and educational resources, while also raising awareness of the services and benefits available.
The CAPITAL project will assist public and private stakeholders in developing their knowledge, skills, and abilities to build technical, business and policy making proficiency of ITS deployment while furthering their career paths.
It develops an open platform offering training modules to the public and private sector and hands‐on training involving 6 European cities. The platform also aims to raise awareness and to organise liaison activities focusing on the benefits of ITS and C-ITS services.
We are building a community of experts and professionals in the field of Intelligent Transport Systems and Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems, and this collaborative community will share its knowledge and experiences and raise awareness about ITS and C-ITS deployment by providing online courses and face-to-face training across Europe. Our ambition is to teach public authorities about ITS and C-ITS services and applications so that they can make their transport networks cleaner, safer, smarter and better.
- Develop online training and educational resources about ITS & C-ITS deployment
- Build an ITS & C-ITS network of experts and practitioners
- Identify and assess deployment challenges faced by ITS professionals
- Develop an ITS handbook including case studies and business models
- Carry out face-to-face training in seven European cities
- Develop a user awareness strategy
The open and free online training platform is our main educational tool. ITS experts from industry, academia and ITS organisations provide courses covering various aspects of ITS & C-ITS that cater to all levels. The e-learning platform helps our students - especially public authority representatives - to develop their knowledge, skills, and abilities to build technical, business and policymaking proficiency in ITS and C-ITS deployment.
Our curriculum balances theoretical knowledge and practical applications. It is complemented by hands-on training by our experts to guide professionals on issues faced while implementing ITS and C-ITS.
Capital Facts & Figures
- Project acronym: CAPITAL
- Project name: Collaborative cApacity Programme on ITS Training-educAtion and Liaison
- Project type: Coordination and support Action
- Topic: Roadmap, new business models, awareness raising, support and incentives for the roll-out of ITS
- Programme: Horizon 2020
- Project Coordinator: Lina Konstantinopoulou, ERTICO – ITS Europe
- Consortium: 11 direct partners
- Start date: 1 October 2016
- End date: 30 September 2019
- Budget: € 1,814,312.50
- Funding: € 1,814,312.50